Families across the ocean, nation and in our own back yard are suffering. Maybe you and your family are or someone close to you. SavingAddiction has always encouraged you to save money, not only to bless your family but so you can give to help others. Mission JOY is just an extension of our main mission.
Mission Joy is an act of service, love and compassion. Each month we will provide you with a local family that is in need of encouragement and support. We as a family of SavingAddiction readers will bless each family as the Lord leads.
- Pray. Add this family to your prayers. Talk about what they are going through and ask God to show you how you can help.
- Write. A literal card in the mail is so rare, but so refreshing to receive! Send them a card letting them know you are thinking of them and encouraging words.
- Blessing. When people think of giving to others they think $50, $100 or more. For most of us that is not always possible. Do you know that if each SavingAddiction reader gave just $5 to a family each month it would be more than $10,000 combined!!! Now that’s a blessing!
- Serve. Read these families stories through their blogs or facebook pages and ask God how you can help. It may be providing meals, snacks, gift cards, ext… When you give to others it takes the focus off of you and your problems and needs, so freeing.
- Involve your family. Children today are so consumed with self. Ask them to write cards, scripture or notes to bless this family. Ask them about others they know that may be hurting. How can you help your children serve others naturally? Children bring out the giving heart in people, they make the best fundraisers. They can gather pop cans, sell candy bars, make things, hold donation drives, ext… to give to those in heed
Mission Joy is as simple as putting Jesus first, Others next and Yourself last. JOY is not a natural body function; it is a reaction to deep love Jesus has put inside your heart.
Our first family for Mission Joy is Oakley’s family. He is a courageous little boy (almost 4 years old) with kidney disease and a rare Prune Belly Syndrome. You can read about his history here or keep track of his progress on his facebook page.
Oakley’s birthday is Sept 2 and we are encouraging all of you to send him a birthday card. Let’s help his mom give him a birthday he will remember! If you can add in a blessing for the family along with card that will be very much appreciated!
Send Cards to :
PO BOX 39
Wayland, MI 49438
Pray this prayer with us.
Father, you are the Creator and Sustainer of life. We praise you for the life of Oakley. Please touch, comfort and provide healing for his body as only You can. Continue to bring Oakley the courage to fight the good fight. Most of all fill his heart with Your love and the knowledge of Your saving grace. Give us a burning desire to help this family in a big way. We believe in Your miraculous healing! Amen
Do you know a family that would be encouraged by our SavingAddiction readers? Submit their story, blogs or facebook pages describing what they have been going through. We will feature a new family each month.