Families across the ocean, nation and in our own back yard are suffering. Maybe you and your family are or someone close to you. SavingAddiction has always encouraged you to save money, not only to bless your family but so you can give to help others. Mission JOY is just an extension of our main mission.
Mission Joy is an act of service, love and compassion. Each month we will provide you with a local family that is in need of encouragement and support. We as a family of SavingAddiction readers will bless each family as the Lord leads.
- Pray. Add this family to your prayers. Talk about what they are going through and ask God to show you how you can help.
- Write. A literal card in the mail is so rare, but so refreshing to receive! Send them a card letting them know you are thinking of them and encouraging words.
- Blessing. When people think of giving to others they think $50, $100 or more. For most of us that is not always possible. Do you know that if each SavingAddiction reader gave just $5 to a family each month it would be more than $10,000 combined!!! Now that’s a blessing!
- Serve. Read these families stories through their blogs or facebook pages and ask God how you can help. It may be providing meals, snacks, gift cards, ext… When you give to others it takes the focus off of you and your problems and needs, so freeing.
- Involve your family. Children today are so consumed with self. Ask them to write cards, scripture or notes to bless this family. Ask them about others they know that may be hurting. How can you help your children serve others naturally? Children bring out the giving heart in people, they make the best fundraisers. They can gather pop cans, sell candy bars, make things, hold donation drives, ext… to give to those in heed
Mission Joy is as simple as putting Jesus first, Others next and Yourself last. JOY is not a natural body function; it is a reaction to deep love Jesus has put inside your heart.
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
Our next family for Mission Joy is Ryan Attema and family. Lauren and I have both followed Ryan’s heart wrenching journey for the past year. During a family vacation last summer he was in a swimming accident that left him with a broken 5th vertebrae and many health problems. The whole Attema family has faced this challenge (and many others) head on and has glorified Jesus every step of the way. Read their Care page HERE (must register) and I guarantee your heart will be touched and your faith in a true Savior encouraged!
Let’s support this wonderful family by sending them some cards showing our love in Christ and our blessing to lift them this month.
Po Box 407
Zeeland MI 49464
Pray this prayer with us.
Father, you are the Creator and Sustainer of life. We praise you for the life of Ryan and his family that is steadfast on You. May You continue to carry them through this tough time and draw them to Your fountain of living water each day. We pray that their story would lift others with a renewed faith through the trials of this world. We look forward to the day of Your soon return where our bodies, minds and hearts will be made new and we will live forever in the safety of Your kingdom! In Jesus precious name we pray.
Do you know a family that would be encouraged by our SavingAddiction readers? Submit their story, blogs or facebook pages describing what they have been going through. We will feature a new family each month.