Easy Chicken w/ Veggies & Stuffing Skillet
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter or margarine, divided
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1½ lb) [$1.79/lb]
- 1⅓ cups water
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen mixed vegetables [$0.99]
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Lower Sodium Stuffing Mix for Chicken [$1 after coupon]
- Melt 2 tbsp of the butter in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cover. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add water, vegetables and remaining 2 tbsp butter to skillet; bring to boil.
- Stir in stuffing mix just until moistened. Top with chicken; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
Sauteed Garlic Asparagus
Also, to those who’ve never tried asparagus before, pick some spears up and follow this recipe below!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine (we use olive oil instead)
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus [$2.49/lb] Tip- look for really thin asparagus!
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt (to taste)
Melt the butter/margarine (We use olive oil instead) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, salt and asparagus spears; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until asparagus is tender. If you like your asparagus well done, reduce heat and cook an additional 10 minutes.
My kids beg for more!
(Thanks, AllRecipes)1 Comments