This fluffy, fruity salad pairs perfectly with pasta, burgers, pizza, sandwiches, or anything else that you might normally serve with a jello salad. The sweet lemon flavor makes it the perfect summery side dish.
Sale Ingredients Used:
- Meijer brand canned mixed fruit/fruit cocktail (90 cents when you buy 11 participating products)
- Meijer brand colored mini marshmallows (90 cents/10.5oz bag when you buy 11 participating products…IF these kind of marshmallows are included in the sale)
- Meijer brand whipped topping (90 cents/8 oz container when you buy 11 participating products)
- Meijer brand apple juice ($2.00/64oz)
1 16oz can fruit cocktail or mixed fruit, undrained
2 Tbsp apple, pineapple, or orange juice
1 3oz box instant lemon pudding
1 C mini colored/flavored marshmallows
3/4 of an 8oz container whipped topping
Mix fruit, apple juice, and pudding until it begins to thicken. Stir in marshmallows and whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.
Options and Tips
- You can substitute almost any kind of canned fruit, as long as you chop it up into “fruit cocktail-sized pieces”.
This recipe, in its original form, can be found in the….um, not sure. I copied this from a church cookbook owned by a friend years ago, and I don’t remember which cookbook it was! I made a few changes to the ingredients and instructions.
Find even more recipes that match-up with this week’s meijer sale- Recipe Round-up
Lisa DeBoer is a West Michigan wife and mother who loves to spend time in the kitchen. She enjoys the challenges of menu-planning around grocery sales and creating delicious food using on-sale ingredients. Lisa blogs about two of her favorite topics ~ FOOD, and saving money on groceries ~ at www.cookingupasale.blogspot.com.