One of the best parts about shopping at Meijer is the clearance produce rack! We eat a TON of fresh produce weekly, and being a bargain shopper that I am, I like good deals on my produce too!
Sunday was the day I hit the jackpot. I was able to snatch up 25lbs of Strawberries for less than $14! They were perfectly red, beautiful, and without blemish… Don’t worry there were plenty of $0.50 clearance strawberries left.
My husband and I went home and made A LOT of low sugar freezer jam!
Makes 4- 8 oz. containers
- 3 lbs. strawberries, hulled and stems removed
- 1 3/4 cups apple juice
- 1 1/2 package no sugar, low sugar pectin (I find that using 1 1/2 package really gets the jam to set perfectly!)
- Mash the strawberries in a large bowl
- In a small saucepan, bring the apple juice and pectin to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Pour straight into the mashed strawberries and stir hard for 1 minute.
- Ladle into the freezer containers and place in the refrigerator overnight to let it cool slowly and set.
- Then store in the freezer.
- Good in the freezer for up to 1 year, in the fridge for 3 weeks.
(Recipe Credit: 5 Dollar Dinners)
If you have a jam recipe, please share!1 Comments